At a New Tribe event in 2016 two of our students, who make TV videos of social innovators, were intrigued by our work. After the training they did two interviews with us, which were fun, light and give a personal feel for us and lots of clear information about our work. Please see them to get a quick deep sense (see below for details) of what we offer to you! We invite you to start with Part One & come back for Part Two. We loved making these, so enjoy!
By watching video 1 you will learn:
- Why people have a deep desire for tribe
- How to avoid becoming more and more isolated in a work-driven culture
- The most important gift that we can give (hint: it cannot be purchased, and yet is given freely in tribes)
- Why we can’t go back to the ways of the “old tribes” and need to create “new tribes”
- The philosophy that has kept Aboriginal tribes in Australia together for hundreds of years
- How you can deeply feel you know someone for 4 weeks… in just 4 days!
- The values and agreements that keep our own community going strong!
In video 2 you’ll learn:
- The biggest lesson Bill learned by failing at building community for 40 years!
- The distinction between bridging groups and bonding groups.
- How to leverage exclusivity and inclusivity to achieve your desired tribe
- What you can learn from fraternal groups (like the Elks and Masons) formed over 150 years ago
- The “C-word” that will create “magic” in your tribe
- What role ceremony plays in tribe, and how to incorporate it into yours
- Why you might want to consider de-rolling to fully immerse in tribe
- What to do when someone wants to leave your tribe!
- The role of tribe in shame-based culture, and vice-versa